Category Archives: Intercity Horse Trough Fountain
Found: April 10, 2014
This fountain is one of the oldest fountains still existing, having been first placed in 1905. It has been moved a couple of times, starting at the Kansas end of what is now known as the Lewis & Clark Viaduct. It was later moved to the tennis courts at 18th and Parallel in Kansas City, Kansas. The Wyandotte County Historical Society eventually purchased it, had it fully restored and placed at its current home at the Wyandotte County Museum in Wyandotte County Park. However, it is no longer a functional fountain.